Tuesday, June 29, 2010

There's a bar in my dorm! 8/16/2007

My goodness, this blogging thing is amusing. Last night, I experienced a new part of student life at Philipps-Universät Marburg. My dorm has a bar in it. Something to look into for Randolph-Macon, no doubt. It's called the Kneipe (kah-nipe-ah) and it's open three times a week. This bar is run by student volunteers called 'Team Kneipe' and the bar often stays open until 7:00 in the morning (I stayed until 11:30) or whenever people leave. It was terribly exciting, they have a fußball table and everything. As it turns out, I am ridiculously skilled at fußball, I actually scored almost all of the points in one game (ignoring the fact that several of those were in my own goal).

Today at Speak + Write (which is apparently trademarked), we talked about our favorite television shows. I was unaware that Law and Order has actually transcended America and has quite a presence in Germany. That is amazing, and I can't wait to see if I've already seen what ever episode is playing in German. Although at this point, I don't have a television (or a microwave, or personal internet, or a car) so I'll probably survive without Law and Order, just as I seem to be surviving without everything else. It's weird though. I cook for myself every meal, which I have rarely done before, I'm in class for four hours a day, I go grocery shopping and do errands every day, and somehow I seem to have a lot of free time. It's very different. I don't find myself running around nearly so much, but I still seem to get everything done. I like it.

And, for those of you who are reading my blog for the sole purpose of keeping up to date on the Euro against the Dollar, here goes.

€ 1 = $1.34
$ 1 = € .74

The dollar is up by a penny, I believe. By the way, all my euro vs. dollar information is coming from the Federal Reserve Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment