Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Good Morning Baltimore! 9/23/07


Well, the European Central Bank was so much fun. Security rivaled most of the major airports I've been in - they even made us take off any silver jewelry that we had. I set off the alarm, so I got to spend around 10 minutes trying to convince this nice lady that I had not acually sewed a bomb into my pants. It was great fun. Then we got refreshments and little pads of paper and pencils and an hour and a half lecture on monetary policy in the European Union. I thought that it was quite interesting. Most of the other people were clearly struggling to stay awake, but oh well. I liked it. Afterwards we had half an hour to wander back to the bus. So what did we do? Well, Nick, Erica and I took pictures with the giant Euro symbol (this thing was at least three stories tall) and then got lost on the way back to the bus. That was fairly predictable. We did eventually manage to find it though, so I suppose that all's well that ends well.

Yesterday I went to see my first German movie. Amanda and I saw an evening showing of Hairspray! It was so much fun - easily my favorite John Trovolta movie. The dubbing wasn't too bad, thankfully, but a lot of the sexual innuendo got lost in translation. The songs were kept in English, so that made the movie a lot easier to follow. Needless to say, I've listened to the entire soundtrack a whole bunch of times since last evening. And now I must research fun things to do in Milan next weekend!

Exchange Rates:

€1= $ 1.40
$1=€ .70
Man. This kinda stinks. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment