Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Greetings From Milan! 9/28/07



Well, we made it. Nine hours of travel to get to Milan, but we're here. The reservations were, in fact, for the correct year, thank you very much, and we got to the correct airport at the correct time. Already this trip is a complete success.

Funny conversation with Amanda on the plane. Ryanair advertises all throughout the cabin for alcohol and whatnot. It's why the flights are so cheap. Me: Did you know that Bourbon is only Bourbon if it comes from Kentucky? Amanda: Yeah, I think Eric or Troy told me that. Me: I wonder what Kentucky had to do to get that distinction. Amanda: I think that it has something to do with the twigs that are involved. Me: ... Because most alcohols intimately involve twigs. We giggled. The timing was spot on.

So our hotel room is awesome and has free wifi! Milan is pretty nice. We started the morning by going to the Doumo, which is the massive cathedral that you see in the pictures. We then climbed up and walked on the roof (246 steps... I counted). It was absolutely amazing. I wish that I could say the same for the Museum of Science and Technology. It's supposed to be really interactive, but you have to book it with a big group. So the interactive stuff was off limits and the layout was rather confusing. Tonight we walked and window-shopped in a large shopping district. Haven't bought anything yet though. Tomorrow morning we're planning on going to a huge marketplace. The food is amazing. I love Italian pizza and gelati! I did try a cocktail. It was a passion 51, which involves rum, pineapple, lime and sugar. Not liking rum or pineapple, this was perhas not the best drink for me, but I don't speak Italian, so I didn't really know what was in it until it appeared in front of me. It was okay. I'll try to do another blog tomorrow! Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment