Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy... Tuesday! 9/25/07

One of the things that I love about Germany is that when I go into a store, I'm never quite sure what I'm going to find. For the most part, I have a general idea and maybe a few specific things in mind, but there are always interesting things to find. For example:

Last night I went to Aldi, which is a grocery store near my apartment, for milk and peanuts. Peanuts are very cheap here. Well, i found the milk and I found the peanuts and I also found BOOTS! I got a pair of purple suede high-heeled boots for only €8. Buying more shoes was bound to happen at some point, but I do love it when the shoes are not only absolutely adorable, but also extremely affordable. And maybe I'll be less inclined to look at shoes in Milan on Thursday.

Beyond that, there hasn't been too much excitement in the last few days. In my language class we are learning about the Dative. If you don't know what that is, I wouldn't worry, you and I are probably on just about the same page. I understand how to use it, but I'm not really sure what it is. And having what it is explained to me in German hasn't been as helpful as I might have hoped. When I'm done with this, I think I'll go on Google and see what it says.

Exchange Rates:
$1= €.70
€1=$1.40

No comments:

Post a Comment