Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back in America 12/13/07

It is soooo good to be back. Not so good on the whole getting back thing, but I suppose that you can't have everything. Amanda and I left for the train station in Marburg at 6:20 AM. Twenty-five minutes later, Amanda handed me off to Ericka so that she could help me get all my luggage to the airport. We were joined halfway through the trainride by Ericka's friend, who very graciously agreed to help. It was a good thing he did- my stuff was heavy.

My flight was delayed slightly going out, so we left around 11:40 instead of 11:10. Full flight, and no window seat for me. It ended up being really fun though, because I was sitting next to the coolest lady. She was an older lady who had studied abroad in Germany when she was in college. And she lives in Virginia. By way of Haverhill, Massachusetts. And she was five months in to an eight month trip around the world. She had done a month and a half of teaching English in China, and then her husband had joined her and they did the Trans-Siberian Railway to Scandanavia, then down through Denmark, to Germany, Greece, Italy and Switzerland. She and her husband were then flying to Guatemala. So cool.

We landed on time, but flights were massively delayed getting out of Newark. After taking about an hour and a half to get through the Custom's lines (I got stamped back into America, which I thought was a little weird- and he stamped over my Ireland stamp. Loser), my flight was delayed by two hours. Not so hot. Then once we finally boarded, we had to wait on the plane for a few hours. Needless to say, I did not get the meatball sub and diet coke that I was craving. Ashby, Troy and Jes picked me up at the airport, and we were forced to Pepsi-providing Applebee's. It was really good though, so I shouldn't complain. I did, however, manage to leave my wallet there. Big fun.

So that was my getting home adventure. I left out the bouts of extreme cursing, but you get the gist. It's very good to be back in the states.

Exchange Rates:

$1=.68 Euro

1 Euro = $1.46

No comments:

Post a Comment