Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Plan! 9/3/07

Alright. It ended up raining just about all weekend, so I wasn't especially sad about not going to Nuremburg. We'll get there, have no fear. I finally met a few of the people in the IUSP program, which is what I'm in. They all seem nice enough. It's all Americans and Canadians. The only other person I've found from the East Coast actually goes to Bridgewater, which is kinda cool. Today is orientation, so we haven't done very much so far. Although they did finally give me a schedule, which I didn't get before because I didn't arrive with everyone else. Schedules are helpful things. We're going to call that a 'First-Movers Disadvantage.' Amanda has run into quite a bit of that as well.

Now I know that everyone is eagerly awaiting details on our upcoming trip to Switzerland. Well, we have had a minor change of plans regarding that. Nothing really huge, we're just not going to Switzerland any more. Instead, we're going to Sweden. They both start with the same two letters-small change. As it turns out, going to Switzerland right now would cost us €275 each for plane tickets and about €35 per night in a hostel. This would be in addition to the train tickets to get from Marburg to Frankfurt. Now that we're going to Stockholm, the plane tickets are €126 each for a round trip, and the hostels are €22 per night. And the hostel is on a ship. It's like a bonus cruise! Well, we weighed the marginal benefits of each, and decided that we like being fiscally responsible people. We will reconsider Switzerland at a later date. As in, when the tickets are cheaper.

So. Before I tell you loyal readers about the exchange rates, I'd like to wish my Dad a happy birthday. Happy Birthday Dad!

$1= €.73; €1=$1.36

$1 = 6.85 Swedish Kronas; 1 Swedish Krona = $.16

No comments:

Post a Comment