Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last Day of Speak + Write 8/30/07



Today was the Speak + Write final exam. I think it went pretty well. Tomorrow we'll get our certificates of completion and have a potluck party, and we're done. On Sunday I take a placement test for the IUSP program, which is the one I'm actually in, and I start class on Monday. Should be pretty entertaining.

Since Saturday is a relatively free day, Amanda and I are traveling. We're off to Nuremburg to see the courthouse where the Nazi War Trials were held. I'm very excited about this. I took a Holocaust class in High School and ever since, I've found that period of history to be particularly fascinating. I'll take lots of pictures. Nuremburg is about four and a half hours away by train, so it will almost certainly be an all-day affair.

Next weekend we have another trip planned as well. We're planning on going to Switzerland for three days. We're not sure when we plan to leave, but we're thinking Destination : Zürich. I want to go to a Swiss bank. And see the Alps. And eat cheese. What else is Swiss? Chocolate. Clocks. Neutrality. Francs. Man, what's not to like about this country?

Exchange Rates:

€1=$1.37
$1=€.73

And, because we're going to Switzerland soon...

1 Franc = $1.19
$1=.83 Swiss Francs

Good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment