Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Passed! I Passed! 8/31/10


Hello my (hopefully) loyal readers. Today was the big day. We got our grades for the German Language class I've been taking for the last three weeks. I got an A- (or in Germany, a 1-). It's broken down into five parts, and the only one I got a B on was the grammar. I'm sure that's not particularly important for language though. Still pretty good, considering that I missed the first week. I got a certificate and everything. Everyone in the class passed, which was good.

Minor change of plans for this weekend. As of yesterday, we were planning to go to Nuremburg, which is roughly four hours away by train. Upon looking at the train schedules, however, we determined that we could either start at midnight and get there at nine, or we could leave at seven, get there at noon and pay €115 for the round trip tickets. Neither of these options seemed ideal. After careful consideration, we decided to wait on Nuremburg until we have matriculated as students. That way, the train fares will be greatly reduced. So instead... I'm moving!

Amanda lives in an apartment that is all of a three minute walk away. She lives on the second floor as opposed to the fourth, and it's a pretty sweet situation in general. This week, one of her apartment mates moved out, so I swooped in and snagged the room (assisted heavily by Amanda, who did most of the actual swooping). So for the rest of today and possibly some of tomorrow, I'll be lugging stuff up and down stairs. I'm excitied about it, particularly considering what an efficient mover I am. Hmm... Anyone want to fly over and help? I'll buy you lunch...


P.S. The picture is the view from my first room

No comments:

Post a Comment