Tuesday, June 29, 2010

German Beer 8/23/07

So. I finally had my first German beer. Or, to be more accurate, I had about a third of a German beer I expected it to be pretty all-around horrible (I had been warned several times). Sadly, it pains me to say that the beer was better than the conversation I had while drinking it. I was talking to Rudolf, who is from Switzerland. He was quite convinced that the United States has colonized Germany, and that America plans to drop the Atomic Bomb on Deutschland. He ranted about this for a little while, and Amanda and I just looked at each other. It was a very odd experience, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to get into a discussion about the U.S. dropping the atomic bomb on Germany, and I didn't want to seem culturally insensitive, so I went to bed. Otherwise, I would totally have finished that beer (or at least half of it).

It's now 4:20 Eastern U.S. time. I hope everyone has a wonderful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment