Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Halfway Point 10/11/07


I have now reached (and passed) the half-way point of my stay in Marburg, Germany. So I thought that I would do a review of what I like and don't like so far. Those are always amusing.

Likes:
Pretzels! Getting mail. Learning German. Free time. Bakeries. Living in an apartment without a meal plan. Traveling all over the place. Sweden. My new friends. Ballet flats (in all the colors of the rainbow). Cheap air-fare. Busses. Wildflowers. Gelati. Trains. Churches. Beautiful Skylines.

Dislikes:
The exchange rate. The lack of syllabi. The lack of one-stop shopping (but I'm getting over that one). Trying to communicate and organize things in the US over email. The time difference. No personal internet. Spelling. Graffiti.

Alright, obviously I have more of both, but I'm okay with accepting those lists and moving on to what's been going on lately. This is my last week of German language class and German Culture class, although I think that I will enroll in another language class if I can find one that doesn't conflict with my schedule too much. Speaking of my schedule, a few posts ago I mentioned that I had class one day a week. Well, I thought that I could probably handle a little bit more (well I could probably handle a few days more, but that's not really an option) so I will be adding another class, Roman Portraits. Now I'll have class on Monday and Tuesday. Ooh la la. It looks like Roman Portraits might fufill part of my art/literature requirement though, so I'm not about to complain (yet... we'll see what happens when I start the class).

Tomorrow is my language test, so I'm going to go study with Ericka, Nick and Jessica tonight. Beyond that, I'm going to take a nap this afternoon, since we don't have culture class today. No complaints on that one either.

Exchange Rates:
$1= € .70
€1= $1.41
Did I mention that I dislike the exchange rate? Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment