Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pizza and Shoes 8/24/07

It's finally Friday! Yay for the weekend. As it turns out, there is a Medieval Festival in town for the next few days, and it's hard to complain about that. Actually, the weather is supposed to be kinda crappy, but the festival will be fun, and the food will be good.

Yesterday I made my first not-strictly-practical purchase. I bought a pair of shoes (I'm sure everyone is shocked). Ballet flats are very popular here, and I only brought my red ones, so I got a new pair of bright green ones. Very cute. In fact, most of the shoes I see here are pretty cute. I figure that it might be important for you loyal readers to know about my shoe shopping adventures in Deutschland. I also ate at a restaurant for the second time since being here. And it was not McDonalds. Amanda and I went to this little Italian restaurant. Not as good as Gino's, but still sehr prima. So between the shoes and the pizza, I think that yesterday was a pretty decent day.

The only thing that might have made it better had to do with the bank. I was having problems with my Bank of America ATM card (as in I could not take out any money) and banks in Germany tend to have less convenient hours than banks in America. So yesterday I was finally able to go into Deutsch Bank and ask them why my card was not authorized. They couldn't tell me. As it turns out, I was typing in the wrong pin. My didn't I feel like an idiot. So I went to the bank that Amanda uses so that I could see if it was worth it to get a German ATM card, since Visa is not generally accepted. Well. We got the one bank employee who speaks no English and was not interested in talking to me through Amanda (who, by the way, was doing an excellent job translating). She kinda yelled at us and got very huffy, so I decided that cash was fine and that I could survive without an ATM card.

Next time I post a blog, I will post pictures as well. It's difficult for me to post them because I don't have frequent access to the internet, and the most available computers don't have any place for me to upload them to. The pictures are very nice, however, and worth waiting for.

And now, since I got complaints for not having them, the exchange rates. I apologize for not posting them in my last blog, I didn't have time. They are easily available, however, so I'm calling the Wambulance on all of you.

One USD = €.74
One Euro = $1.35

The monthly average for US Dollars to Euros has been 1.36:1 in August, down a penny from July.

No comments:

Post a Comment