Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Day of J-Term 1/7/2008

My goodness it's weird to be back at Macon. I moved in yesterday (I'm the RA on Moreland 3rd) and I kept looking out my window, only to see that I don't know any of the people walking around the circle. Oh well, I guess. So. Day one of classes. I am registered for Lyristrata in La La Land, which meets from 9-11 and 1:20-3:20 and also for economic statistics.

Everything seems to be going well in the first class when Becky raises her hand behind me and says "What does it mean when it says that this class is exclusive?" Uh-oh. That's what it means. As it turns out, four or five of the nine of us had registered for more than this one class, and Maconweb had let us. Baaaaad Maconweb. So we all pondered which one we would drop for the rest of the block, until the professor decided that he would give us permission to take the class as long as we really needed both of them. Which we all do.

Economic Statistics was fun, and Suzie is in that class (we're two of the four girls in the eighteen person class). When we got into the room, a guy came in and said that if anyone wanted to buy the textbook, he took the class last year and would sell it to us. I jumped all over that one. The book was going for $125 used in the bookstore and I got it for $30! Heck yeah. A sale. Now that is what I consider a divine sign to stay in an economics class. I'm still not all the way unpacked, but I'm getting there. I should get my microwave and television back from Jes today and maybe my refrigerator too. That would be cool. And I have some extra time to work on it because I'm on duty tonight. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment