Saturday, November 6, 2010

Clearly it's been forever since I posted

But it's been a busy few weeks. It's currently Saturday, November 6th, and I have completed the first two legs of my trip (Durham to Charlotte and Charlotte to Dulles). So far, I have nothing to complain about. My flight was super smooth, the Hyatt at Dulles is very nice, and I'm excited to meet my roommate for tonight.

I have met two of the other conference participants. We ended up on the same shuttle from the airport (they flew in from Pittsburgh). One of them is in the Tolerance/Diversity section of the conference, and the other is in the Trans-Atlantic Security section.

After checking in around noon, I texted Caroline (Troy's sister), and we met up for some delicious Ruby Tuesday. That restaurant has really gotten more classy recently - I seem to remember them having a much larger burger focus. Now they have lobster macaroni and cheese and garlic biscuits. Very fancy. It was great to catch up. She was able to tell me all about the Pizzly bear, which is apparently one of the results of climate change. Polar bears have lost a lot of habitat, and so have moved south in search of land and food. Next step: Family Reunion with the long lost grizzly cousin. Which, of course, leads to baby bears.

So now I'm back in the hotel, with several hours before the YLD dinner tonight. I'll probably read about malaria for a while and then fall asleep. Yay for policy memos!

I may post again after dinner, but in case I do not, shout out to my TA friend Colin, who got married today!

No comments:

Post a Comment