Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Travel Bug Has Bitten Again


Hey All,

Long time, no blog (which is not to say no travel... just no blog).  That, however, is about to change.  Tomorrow evening, Becky and I will fly off and go galavanting around Europe for nine days.

Here's our itinerary:

First (brief) stop: Iceland.
Next (brief) stop: London.
Next (actual destination) stop: Paris (for the weekend).
Followed by London (for three days).
And finally Iceland (for two days).

As you may imagine, that's a decent amount of currency to keep track of, so here are the status quo exchange rates:

1 pound = $1.6198
1 euro = $1.3014
1 Icelandic Krona = $.00815

All good information to have.  And beyond having looked up the exchange rates, I have done remarkably little to prepare for this trip.  Oh, don't get me wrong.  Flights are booked, trains are booked, connections are booked - but that all happened ages ago (I think my travel style falls into the punctuated equilibrium category).  I haven't packed (or checked on what the weather is like in these places in September).  I have a single food recommendation for Parisian chocolate gelato (and really, why would I want to eat anything else?), and I have not charged a single piece of electronic gadgetry.  I have not mentally prepared myself for the lack of Diet Coke and the disappointment that always accompanies Coca Cola Lite (yuck).  I guess that it hasn't really even hit me yet that I'll wake up on Friday (assuming that I fall asleep on the plane) and won't be going to work.  Weird.

I'd sit here and ponder that, but if I don't get my digitizing done now, how will I miss it later?

Over and out,

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment